Executive Coaching Services
Kathy Vines is a Certified Executive Coach (CTACC) with 20 years of human resources experience in financial services, private equity, biotechnology, high-tech, and the publishing industries. Kathy launched her coaching practice in 2013, working with mid-career professionals as they chart the path and pursue their best journey professionally.
While for some clients, this means exploring new opportunities, for others, it involves supporting their developmental goals within their current roles and organizations to achieve success.
Her clients are committed to making change and improvement in their professional lives, and appreciate the benefit that coaching, reflection, and experimentation with new behaviors to bring about new results can bring. If this sounds like YOU, Schedule a free 20 minute consultation with Kathy to learn more.
Kathy’s approach to facilitating the client process for both sets follows her DEEP methodology:
- Discovery: Creation and clarity of goals, focusing on existing feedback and self-awareness of strengths and opportunities
- Exploration: Develop plans and possibilities on how to achieve goals and establish a framework for success
- Experimentation: Piloting and implementing plans with a focus on measurability and feedback from the environment
- Process the Progress: Reflect on progress and results. Based on feedback, recalibrate approaches as necessary
It is important to remember that coaching is a co-creative relationship. Both Kathy and her client use their collective knowledge, resources, skills, and intuition to problem solve on the client’s behalf. Effective coaches guide their clients to discover their own solutions. Kathy’s coaching services can be retained in one of two models:
When the individual retains and invests in coaching to help guide their own development, this is a “Client-Driven Engagement”.
- Client appointments, conducted via phone or video, occur on an as-needed basis, typically every 2-3 weeks
- Homework, created in collaboration during a session, may apply
- Kathy will review (when shared) and tools the client has that expresses current state and previous feedback, including performance reviews, personality assessments, and any 360º feedback provided.
- If the client requests, Kathy will conduct interviews to obtain feedback from any willing colleagues, clients, or management (hourly rates apply).
- Client-Driven Engagements are typically charged on an hourly basis, with half-hour slots permitted.
When retained by an employer to assist with the development of an employee, where success is measured first and foremost by the employer, a more robust approach would include:
- Pre-engagement consultation with Management and Human Resources to understand the goals of the organization as they relate to the development opportunity for the client.
- Interviews with stakeholders, colleagues, or management to help obtain pre- and post-coaching feedback (conducted in person or virtually).
- If requested, a final summary report of observations and future recommendations for further development on a long-term plan for the client. The report will protect the client’s confidentiality of specific issues discussed.
- Engagements are typically 6 months with 1-2 monthly meetings with the client, in person or virtually, with a flat-fee agreement.
Experience and Education:
20 Years’ Human Resources Leadership Experience:
Devonshire Investors, Fidelity Investments, Millennium Pharmaceuticals (now Takeda), Wang Global, and Dow Jones/Wall Street Journal
Master of Business Administration, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Bachelor of Arts, Psychology, Bucknell University
CTACC, Coach Training Alliance
ICF certification pursuit in process
Additionally, Kathy may provide consultative expertise in productivity and time management as a function of her experience as a Certified Professional Organizer® and Productivity Consultant at Clever Girl Organizing®. Many of her clients leverage her knowledge and expertise to help amplify their success in their roles.