Career Coaching & Resume Writing
Whether it's trying to figure out where to go from here, or building the marketing materials and job search skills to get there, I work with clients to develop the best strategy for professional success.
I specialize in working with mid-career professionals (typically, but not exclusively, GenX and older Millennials), at all levels, who tell me things like:
- "I've been on this path for a while, and I have many years of work ahead of me, and I'm not sure I want it to be more of the same, but I'm not sure what else there is for me."
- "I am ready for the next step, but am having trouble telling my story in a way that feels confident."
- "I am dreaming of something new, but I don't have the experience, and I don't know how to get there."
- "I know I'm great at a lot of things... I just don't know what I can be doing with these skills, to join a new team where I can really make an impact."
- "I think I'm ready to take a step back, but I still want to be working. How can I position myself for a role that looks like a step backwards, but is more aligned with who I am today?"
- "It's been a loooong time since I updated my resume or I interviewed. I'm really rusty and need help with both!"
- "I know I'm supposed to be on LinkedIn, and I have an account, but it needs a lot of work, and I just don't know what to do when I'm in there."
- "My company is going back to work and I'm only interested in remote work at this point. How do I find the role that's right for what I need right now?"
If any of these sound like you, I'd love to talk to you about how I can help you develop the COMPETENCE and CONFIDENCE you are craving to make your next move!
Like checking out the credentials?
Twenty years of Corporate HR Experience. Three years working at a top professional resume-writing firm and with a leading national outplacement services firm. Private practice coaching since 2015.
Certified Coach (CTACC), Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW), Certified Digital Career Strategist (CDCS) specializing in LinkedIn Tools and Strategies for B2B, B2C and professional network development.
I work with clients to help them chart the path and pursue their best journey professionally, and I don't have a "one size fits all" approach. Typical ways people work with me:
Resume Writing/Linked-In Package:
- Personalized resume review and revamp, with the format and language to tell your story, highlight your assets, and set you apart from the competition
- Positioning resumes and job search strategies for career changes
- Learn how to tailor your materials for particular roles or organizations
- PACKAGE ADD ON - LinkedIn Bio review and strategy session - don't underestimate the power (and broad visibility!) of this important tool! Kathy knows tons of "behind the scenes" tricks!
- PACKAGE ADD ON - Understand how to write cover letters that introduce you and make readers take notice
Start with a 20-minute initial free consultation and learn more about how we can create the right custom package for YOUR needs.
Investment ranges from $700-$900 for Resumes and $900-$1,100 to include the LinkedIn and/or Cover Letter prep package. Additional coaching support (see below) available at $125 per hour.
Career Strategy Coaching:
Spend time with 1:1 support to explore your next steps and the skills and materials you need to get there. Example work I do with my clients:
- Career path exploration and "where do I go from here?" planning
- Storytelling - identify your key stories and polish how best to deliver them
- LinkedIn Profile review, writing, and tool usage guidance
- Creating your "Elevator pitch" to help with introductions wherever you go
- Sharpening your networking skills and developing a plan
- Interview Preparation - Developing your skills, stories, and confidence!
- Negotiation Strategy and Navigating the "what's your salary range?" questions
- Effectiveness coaching, to help you best succeed in the role you have today.
Start with a 20-minute initial free consultation
Coaching calls are $125 per 60-minute Zoom session.
Contact me below or schedule a free 20-minute consultation so I can learn more about your situation and we can see if I'm the right fit for the consulting, reviewing, and writing/editing the materials you need.
What People Are Saying:
Senior Director, Program Management, Publishing Industry: “Thank you for providing a customized and extremely useful service. The area of need that you fill is an important one, and you provide so well on a task that has many gray areas. I’ve found talking to you throughout these sessions to be incredibly insightful. You have helped me to shift my perspective on things that matter, and you’ve encouraged positive approaches to other areas over which I could have more input.”
Chief Operating Officer, Commercial Real Estate: “Kathy is highly professional, organized, strategic in approach, and responsive to the needs of her clients. She is a great listener who can take one’s thoughts and experiences and put it all together into an excellent package. She takes the time and energy to understand her clients and help them create outstanding resumes. She really delivered for me. And I have already referred her to others who would benefit from her expertise!”
Director, IT, Financial Services Industry: “Many, many thanks again for your help and support through this process. I feel that you have been a tremendous help to me in shaping and articulating my message. I don’t know that I would have been given this new opportunity without our work together! Working with you has been a great experience – you have a gift! Thank you!”
Vice President, Marketing, Financial Services Industry: “I am so excited for my new job and wanted to let you know how much I appreciate all of your help- I really feel like our conversations had a direct impact on the way I applied and interviewed and came to have a clear picture of what I want in my next move, so THANK YOU!”
Or schedule your free 20-minute consultation if you’re ready to chat!